Install python on Windows PC
When the computer is weak and we cannot install Ubuntu virtual machine (there is python3 available), we can install python3 on Windows and use network automation normally (except for a few functions that cannot run on Windows).
>> Click Next to install.Remember to check Add path environment
>> After the installation is complete; open cmd and enter “python”.It would be ok if it looks like the following
>> If an error is reported, we need to add an environment variable, as follows:
– Enter search “environment”:
– Then paste the path into the python folder
– Example path on my computer:
Then click OK to save and restart the computer
Then try entering “python” in cmd to see if it works?
– To install netmiko we type pip install netmiko
– Then we also tried to build a pre-lab model like this article and test the automation scripts.
– Example creation test script test-py-win.py
Print(“Test python window”)
– If we save the script in drive D:\lab-python Then we enter cmd like this